Re: Character set problems

2004-10-10 19:36, pdmef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in
<20041010193607.GE1153@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Do you always use this signature?

Yes, at least for the purposes of this discussion I always do.

> What are your settings for 'charset'

charset="iso-8859-15"

> and 'send_charset'?

send_charset="us-ascii:iso-8859-1:utf-8"

That doesn't look quite right. I am not too much into charset
configurations, but wouldn't us-ascii:iso-8859-1:iso-8859-15 be more
reasonable given the "charset" value above? (Which I set explicitly in
my .muttrc.) Remember that 8859-1 and 8859-15 are similar, but not
identical.

I have made these changes now and will have to see if they make any
difference in practice. A grep of my mutt configuration files for
`utf-8' also turned up the gpg commands as rather suspicious looking,
so I changed those as well.

In the meantime, any other suggestions are very much welcome.

> If you didn't change 'send_charset' that it's likely a problem with your
> locale settings...

No, I almost never change settings on the fly, with the exception of
"harmless" settings like sender name/address and signature file.
LC_CTYPE by the way is `sv_SE', which I believe is correct for
Swedish/Sweden.

--
Michael Kjörling, michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://michael.kjorling.com/
OpenPGP Fingerprint: 3723 9372 c245 d6a8 18a6 36ac  758F8749 BDE9ADA6