Re: Strange problem: ssh

* Thomas Glanzmann <sithglan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Enrico,
>
> * Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@xxxxxxxx> [040925 16:39]:
> > ssh <hostname> mutt
>
> you're missing a parameter to the ssh command. Normally ssh doesn't
> allocate a pseudo terminal when you execute a command because this is
> uncessary and sometimes unwanted. However in this special case you want
> it. - use:
>
> ssh -t hostname mutt

Ah, great :)

FYI: I've added some hack to my .profile which runs mutt on the right
host (on a shared-user/home environment)

    if [ `hostname` == `homer.borg.metux.de` ]; then
        alias mutt="ssh nibiru -t \"cd `pwd` ; mutt \$*\""
    fi

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@xxxxxxxx