Re: Status Format; Functions

Hello,

> 1.  Is it possible for the status line to consist of 2 lines rather than
> a single line?  I've set 'status_ontop' and unset 'help' so a blank line
> would go a long way to increase legibility.  At least from where I'm
> sitting.

It isn't possible. But I personally think that there is no need for such
functionality. Writing a patch should be fairly simple. What additional
information are you missing that you need a second status line?

> 2.  Does mutt accomodate custom functions akin to vi?  I've not seen
> the subject mentioned anywhere so I assume the answer is 'no'.  The
> thought occurred to me that, taking a simple toggle configuration
> function like:

There could be something like this. Have a look at http://wiki.mutt.org/
in the PATCHES section.

        Thomas