Re: send within ms workgroup

begin  quotation of Dave Driscoll on 2004-09-16 11:54:15 -0700:

> I'm using mutt 1.5.6 on suse 9.1 & my mail sever at work is MS
> exchange 2000. Everything works except mail within the local
> group. That is if I send mail to coworker@xxxxxxxxxxxx nothing
> happens. No bounce message but coworker gets no mail either. Suse
> uses posfix to send the mail from mutt via smtp to the exchange
> server and I can send mail to the rest of the universe ok just not
> within the local workgroup here.

I'd guess this is a configuration issue with Exchange.  It probably
silently drops all mail supposedly from myserver.com that didn't
originate at it - that is, if you were using myserver.com as your SMTP
to send as worker@xxxxxxxxxxxx, you'd be fine, but anyone sending
through another SMTP server as worker@xxxxxxxxxxxx is dropped.  This
helps prevent spam, but the server is misconfigured if it drops
messages silently.