Re: charset question

[please keep CC'ing me]

also sprach Alain Bench <messtic@xxxxxxxxx> [2004.09.08.1030 +0200]:
> Hello Martin,

Hello Alain,

>     Short: Can't work. You probably want single "windows-1252"
>     here (it covers itself, and in turn Latin-1, and US-Ascii).
>     You will not have UTF nor Latin-9 assuming, though.

Well, I am glad to take your advice, but I don't see why I should
use anything with "windows" in the name...

> only the first charset is used. As you /probably/ don't want UTF-8, you

I should want UTF-8. I should force my readers to upgrade to
unicode...

>     I don't think so, or only by accident: Here Latin-9 files are
>     always wrongly seen as L1, and UTF-8 files are half time
>     wrongly seen as L1 also. Highly inconsistent. May I suggest
>     something as:

I completely don't understand. In fact, this is all beyond me.
I will try to read Mascheck's page...

[please keep CC'ing me]

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx

bush/cheney '04: the last vote you'll ever have to cast.