Re: Bad "From:" header?

Hello,

* On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 04:14:47PM -0500 John Buttery wrote:

> The original line is "From: Michelle Grace <X[5-]@certifiedmail.com>"
> (without the quotes, of course) and when I took out the "[5-]", thus
> changing the header to be "From: Michelle Grace
> <X@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>", the name and email address appeared as
> expected in the index.

This is a know issue. It happens with same invalid mail addresses. For
example, abc@def@certifiedmail.com would give the same result.

I've contacted the mutt developers before (issuing a flea(1)), but they
do not want to change this, as it is not an error in mutt, but in the
mail.

At least, this is what I was told. Maybe, their mind might have changed?

Regards,
   Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis