Bad "From:" header?

  Not sure if this is really a mutt problem or not, but I noticed
something interesting about one of the (spam) messages I got a while
back.  When I opened the email, I could see the name and email in the
"From:" header, but they didn't show up in the index.  The original line
is "From: Michelle Grace <X[5-]@certifiedmail.com>" (without the quotes,
of course) and when I took out the "[5-]", thus changing the header to
be "From: Michelle Grace <X@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>", the name and email
address appeared as expected in the index.
  I realize that brackets may or may not be RFC-compliant characters in
an email address, but it still makes me wonder what mutt is doing with
those data when they just vanish in the index.
  Anyway, just wanted to point that out in case it's something that
needs looking at.  You can create a "proof of concept" message by
duplicating any of your existing emails and replacing the "From:" header
with the above example.

  Oh, and I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to contact anybody at
"certifiedmail.com" about their local configuration; judging by the
content of the mail in question that I received, they're not real big on
the whole "opt-in" thing... :p

--
  John  !
 Buttery! There are 10 kinds of people in this world: