Retrieving POP mail

Hi, I'm new to mutt. I'd like to use it for my pop mail, but the only way I can do that is by hitting c followed by the long string pop://.... Why can't I hit G and get the same effect? I think I set my .muttrc pop settings correctly (see below), but hitting G downloads all the mail and then gives me a blank screen (and when i hit j/k it says "There are no messages"). Yet the mail definitely gets added into my spoolfile. What am I missing? Should there be any difference between the two methods? And where does all the mail get downloaded to when I use c? (If it matters, I'm running the package distributed with cygwin on XP.) Thanks in advance.

---.muttrc---

set realname   = "OvErboRed"
set from       = "publicNO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
set pop_host   = localhost:8110 # because I'm using SpamBayes
set pop_user   = "publicNO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
set pop_pass   = asdf
set pop_delete = no # I need to leave my messages on the server

set spoolfile  = "/home/overbored/Mail/inbox"

# not sure what these two values mean, just followed a tutorial
set mbox       = "+received"
set record     = "+sent"

set sendmail   = "/usr/sbin/ssmtp.exe"