RFC 1847 encapsulated PGP messages

The recent discussion about PGP/MIME support (or rather lack thereof)
in other clients made me curious, and I had a look at RFC 3156. I
didn't find specifically what I was looking for, but I *did* run
across section 6.1 on "RFC 1847 Encapsulation". I sometimes receive
e-mails in that format (first signed, then encrypted separately) and
was wondering if it is possible to make Mutt verify the signature that
is only available after the message has been decrypted?

Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated. I've read
through TFM a couple of times but never seen anything that seemed
relevant.

--
/"\ Michael Kjörling - michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx - SM0YBY QTH JO89XI  ^..^
 X  World Wide Web: http://michael.kjorling.com/      Facta non verba