RE: Using user as distribution list

[ snip ]

> You can add the following to your .muttrc:
>
> alias muttsuportforSCO Thomas Glanzmann
> <sithglan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Dickey <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> So you can send eMail to this three people using. 'm' for new message
> muttsuportforSCO<RETURN> and it will expand to the three
> eMail addresses
> above.

I have:

alias whsea     Paolo Cesana <paolo.cesana@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jose Lerebours<jose.ler
ebours@xxxxxxxxxxx>

in /usr/local/lib/MuttAliases.  In .muttrc, I have:

set alias_file="/usr/local/lib/MuttAliases"

>From command prompt, I type:

echo "As per test ..." |mutt -a [filename] -s "Subject test" whsea

No message is received.  I know you did not suggest to use the external
alias file, but it would be nice to be able to use it as messages are
sent by any end-user to any distribution list.

Of course, sending message out from command line or from within home
grown application, which in turn is same as command prompt, is a must.

Your "polite" assistance is appreciated.  :->

Thank you all in advance!

Jose Lerebours