Re: Simple editor that supports line wrapping

Hi,

* Andre Majorel wrote (2004-07-29 01:25):
>I'm looking for a simple editor suitable for editing mail in Mutt,
>more or less Notepad-in-an-xterm.

I use NEdit for my mail, it seems to have most features you want.

>Desirable features :
>
>- run in an xterm,

Sorry, NEdit is an X11 app.

>- support ISO-8859-1,

Yup.

?

>- not let the user accidentally get into a mode that a retard
>  wouldn't know how to get out of (think hitting ^Z or Q in vi),

Nope.

>- wrap lines automatically to a specified width,

If you want to.

>- support the sort of bindings a Windows user might expect (arrow
>  keys, [home], [end], [shift][ins] to paste, selection by [shift]
>  + movement).

Yup.

>Undesirable features :
>
>- macros, regexps, and generally anything beyond the scope of
>  Notepad.

Sorry, NEdit is a full featured editor with macros, lots of regexes,
syntax highlighting (even for mail) and other goodies. All of this
should be easy to ignore.

Thorsten
--
People who thinks quotes are witty are fucking morons.
    - turmeric