Re: line wrapping while printing or replying to messages

* On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 Tom Koornwinder (thk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> I am using mutt on a unix system. Although long lines in received messages
> are wrapped while I am reading mail, the lines do not remain wrapped
> while I send the message with the p command to the printer

here's what i'm using:
set print_command="fmt --prefix='>' -s | fmt -s | a2ps -b'' -1 -R
--pretty-print=mail -o ~/print.ps"

> or while I am quoting (parts of) messages in a reply.

which editor are you using? vim has a nice feature to "fix" quoting and
long lines. (:help gq)
other editors can do similar things.

> Is there a mutt command to save messages such that the wrapping is
> made permanent by inserting hard returns?

par, fmt

> I apologize if this is a naive beginner's question.

not at all.

HTH,

Michael
--
BOFH excuse #11:

magnetic interference from money/credit cards

PGP-Key: http://www-stud.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~tatgeml/public.key