Re: Hang when mutt uploads to IMAP folders

Hi Kerry,

> 1) Is there some setting I am missing that will make Mutt handle this
> more gracefully?  I suspect not.  The "connect_timeout" variable
> looked promising, but when I looked at the source code, it turns out
> it's only relevant when first initiating the connection.  For my
> usage, that's only when I first start up Mutt.

I think that the imap code is easy to understand and I think that it
shouldn't take you to long time to hack something up.

> 2) If there is no setting I can use, is there a patch that takes care
> of this, or do I have to write it myself?

I think that's the best solution.

> 3) If I do have to write it myself, would the mutt-dev mailing list be
> a more appropiate place to discuss this?

First of all try to identify the problem. Sniff the unencrypted traffic
between your server and mutt, try to make it reproducable to others and
attach a debugger to see what could be wrong.

Honestly,
        Thomas