Re: navigating indexes with deleted messages

On 2004-07-26, gj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> When I move up and down an folder index it skips the messages marked for
> deletion.  I don't like this, but I can't find mention of this in the FAQ or
> mutt manual, searching for "delet*" as a keyword.  What is this behavior
> called, and how can I change it so that "j", "k", the arrow keys, and so on do
> not skip deleted messages?

The 'j' and 'k' keys are bound to the <next-undeleted> and
<previous-undeleted> functions, respectively.  You can get the
behavior you want by using the 'J' and 'K' keys instead (note that
these are upper-case letters) which are bound to the <next-entry>
and <previous-entry> functions.

You can find out about these from the index help screen, accessed by
typing '?' when in the index menu.  These are also listed in the
mutt manual in section 6.4, Functions.

If you want to change the behavior of the 'j', 'k' and arrow keys,
you can bind them to the <next-entry> and <previous-entry> functions
using the 'bind' command, e.g.,

    bind index j next-entry
    bind index k previous-entry

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division