Re: New user setup questions

Tom Coffin wrote:

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 02:10:59AM -0700, George wrote:
[snippage]

I dont know much about this but my set spoolfile is different. I use /var/mail/tom. You can type procmail -v ina terminal and it will give
you the name of your spoolfile.
HTH
Tom

What a friendly group! Can't tell you folks how much I appreciate the input.

Tom, I tried typing 'procmail -v ina terminal' and bash gave me an error, but I did find the '-v' switch did work. If you spent as much time as I have in the ms.public hierarchy you may find that funny. Seems procmail has noticed my ~/.procmailrc, but is ignoring my settings and
instead is creating /var/spool/mail/george which, I guess, would be fine for
the moment except for following rude but informative output:

fetchmail: smtp listener protocol error
fetchmail: smtp listener protocol error
fetchmail: SMTP connect to localhost failed
fetchmail: can't raise the listener; falling back to /usr/bin/procmail -d %T#****************************procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/home/george/.procmailrc"
procmail: Couldn't read "/home/george/.procmailrc"
not flushed

I'm still going through the docs, but if someone has a tip, I'm all ears.

Cheers.