Re: Reqest for help in Mutt Courier-Imap setup

I reviewed the squirrelmail configuration - it accesses courier-imap via
localhost:143 and the webpage is accessed over https.

I attempted to use the openssl s_client commands to deduce what might
cause my problems with accessing imap via mutt, but got nowhere.

However, when I turned-off imap and then setup ipam-ssl (having
generated a cert), I got a bit further.  Within mutt, I got this:

This certificate belongs to:
   mail.nekophile.com
   Unknown
   Courier Mail Server
   Automatically-generated IMAP SSL key
   California

This certificate was issued by:
   mail.nekophile.com
   Unknown
   Courier Mail Server
   Automatically-generated IMAP SSL key
   California

This certificate is valid
   from Jul 21 16:56:51 2004 GMT
     to Jul 21 16:56:51 2005 GMT

Fingerprint: 37DE 95A0 1694 F8DE 613D 143C F87A F5B1

-- Mutt: SSL Certificate check
(r)eject, accept (o)nce

I entered my username and password, but recieved:

Logging in...
Login failed.

Once I turn off imap and turn on imaps, I get a 111 connection refused
from squirrelmail (which is what s_client gave me when I ran the imap
server).

FYI, my local setup in .muttrc (I toggle some values):

set mbox_type=Maildir
set mbox=~/.maildir/
set folder=~/.maildir/
# on with imaps
#set folder="imaps://mail.nekophile.com/"
set record="~/.maildir/.Sent/"
set spoolfile=~/.maildir/
# on with imaps
#set spoolfile="imaps://mail.nekophile.com/INBOX/"

I hope this is getting me closer.

Thanks,
Phil

--
# In my experience, if you have to keep the lavatory door shut by extending
# your left leg, it's modern architecture.