Re: IMAP-Folders with new mails

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 07:48:33PM +0200, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:

> Hi,
> > Does anybody has an idea why these mailboxes arn't marked with a "N"?
> I am not a IMAP guru but I have a guess. Your accessing the Mailbox with
> another programm. And this eMail programm unsets N, which is written down
> in the IMAP RFC. The N should be droped as soon as the eMail is 'seen'.
> If I tell total bullshit please enlighten me.

No bog-stand mutt does something wrong. I have the same problem whereby
a SPAM filtering program does a body-peak to scan for bad Emails. If
they are SPAM they are moved to another folder, if they aren't they're
left alone.

Outlook (and family), Evolution all see the messages as New, but mutt
doesn't.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd Phone/Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
SMS steve-epage (at) gbnet.net [body] gpg 1024D/468952DB 2001-09-19