Re: fetch pop-mails in mutt

* Sami Samhuri <sami@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [07-14-04 18:57]:

> If fetchmail is running all on it's own then you have a poorly
> configured fetchmail. If I removed my cron job that runs fetchmail it
> would never run at all.
>
> Not exactly trying to say Don't Do That Then, but maybe fetchmail _can_
> do what you would like it to.

You need to read about fetchmail.  You may run it as a deamon, which
most people with permanent internet connections do, and have a
keystroke initiate fetchmail to attempt mail download at *that* time
rather than the period that the deamon is following.

   fetchmail -d 300
checks for mail every five minutes

on my system, <esc><g>checks for mail *now*.

grep -i fetchmail .muttrc

macro   index   \eg     ":unset wait_key\n|fetchmail\n:unset wait_key\n" \
                                "Wake up fetchmail to check the email again"
macro   pager   \eg     ":unset wait_key\n|fetchmail\n:unset wait_key\n" \
                                "Wake up fetchmail to check the email again"
macro   browser \eg     ":unset wait_key\n|fetchmail\n:unset wait_key\n" \
                                "Wake up fetchmail to check the email again"

HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos