Re: Two Mutt Questions

* Ryan Waye <rmw998@xxxxxxxxx> [07-14-04 07:30]:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:43:23 +0200, Hendrik Mangels
> <mangels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Ryan Waye (2004-07-13, 19:22):
> > > Also, in mutt is there a way so all send messages appear to be from
> > > myemail@xxxxxxxxxxx, instead of mylinuxuser@xxxxxxxxxxx?
> >
> > http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-6.html#from
> >
> > Hendrik
> >
> I have tried doing that, by putting set from="rmw998@xxxxxxxxx" but it
> still doesn't work.  Is that a syntax error?

Explain 'still doesn't work'.

No, 'still doesn't work' is *not* a syntax error.

You should, perhaps, post the relevant portions of your ~/.muttrc.  Do
you have send-hooks, folder-hooks, reverse_name, hdrs, my_hdrs set?

Have you RTFM?  Mutt has one of the best manuals in the entire linux
system.
HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos