Re: Alternates

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 01:27:43PM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Jacob S. <stormspotter@xxxxxxxxxxx> [07-02-04 13:19]:
> >
> > hmm... That still gave me the error. After playing around a little more
> > I found out I also had to get rid of the "folder hook . set" part of the
> > line too.
> >
> > Now it works again as expected.
>
> *If* you had (line was apparently split when you sent) 'folder-hook .
> set' with alternates blah... as one line, it would work if you encased
> the alternates statement with single or double quotes.  *But*, IMNSHO,
> the 'folder-hook' was superfluous and un-necessary.  'Alternates'
> should stand on it's own unless you had other folder-hooks specifying
> alternates and, I believe a better useage would be 'my_hdr From: XXX'.

Yes, I mentioned the line split in my original e-mail.

The (lack of) quotes around "alternates
(myemail1|myemail2)@mydomain.com|myemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" was the
problem then. And yes, it works just as well without the folder hook.
And yes again, I do have folder hooks set for other mailboxes, but they
were setup with the my_hdr From:, as you mention is better.

Thanks again,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #57:
Windows NT encountered the following error: The operation completed
successfully.