Re: freebsd mutt(-devel) port, ncurses vs. slang

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Michael W. Oliver wrote:

> Ok, first I want to say 'Thanks' to those of you who helped me
> troubleshoot the problem I was having with the pager.  In my final
> message in that thread (SOLVED), I stated that I was starting to like
> the slang support, and the reason for that was consistent colorization.
> Now that I have switched away from slang, I am experiencing the
> recurrence of a colorization problem that has been around (for me) for a
> long time.
>
> As with the aforementioned thread, I can show you better than I can tell
> you...
>

> http://michael.gargantuan.com/images/mutt_ncurses_weird_colorization.png

The uneven colors are more likely to be a problem with the
termcap/terminfo - mismatch wrt the emulator (but it's possible that
there's some other configuration issue, e.g., regular expression
coloring).

Without constructing the same setup it's hard to say.  Other useful
information (that I don't recall from this thread):

        the terminal emulator

        the termcap/terminfo entry name

        the version of mutt you're patching

        your .muttrc (the colors and regular expression section)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net