Error from mutt.octet.filter.pl

Can anyone help with this error from mutt.octet.filter.pl, I know it's
not main line mutt but I think some others here may have encountered
this error.

mutt.octet.filter.pl is failing to extract and display some plain text
files, I get the same error when running it from the command line so I
don't think I've misconfigured my muttrc or mailcap file.

What happens on the command line is:-

    borg$ mutt.octet.filter.pl fserror.log
    [-- fserror.log file type: "text" --]

    sh: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected
    borg$

So mutt.octet.filter.pl is getting the file type correct (these log
files are just text files) but then it would appear that when the perl
attempts to execute a shell command to output the text it gets an
error.  Any ideas how to fix this anyone?

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)