Re: colorization difference between 1.4.x and 1.5.x

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Udo Schweigert wrote:

> First: I would have replied earlier if it was obvious from the subject that
> you are talking about differences of the two FreeBSD ports ;-)
>
> Second: as another person already mentioned: the -devel ports does _NOT_
> default to use slang, because slang does not work properly out of the box.
> (I know it sounds weired, that the non-devel-port uses a somewhat
> uncomfortable setting, but that's for historic reasons. It will change as
> soon as 1.6.x appears ...)

that's odd: at one point the ports were broken differently and comments
were made that one "should" use slang.

when 1.6.x appears, will it use ncursesw or the slang-utf8 hack?

(afaik the latter is disowned by John Davis, on the other hand FreeBSD
ports are lagging upstream versions by nearly two years)

> Slang and ncurses differ especially in color handling, but a real analysis of

faq: mutt's use of slang and ncurses differs.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net