Re: colorization difference between 1.4.x and 1.5.x

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 17:09:28 -0400, Michael W. Oliver wrote:
> On 2004-05-25T22:55:36-0400, Michael W. Oliver wrote:
>> Hello there mutters, got a question for you.  I am using FreeBSD, and
>> have been using the mutt 1.4.2.1 port for quite a while now, but thought
>> that I would give 1.5.6_1 (/usr/ports/mail/mutt-devel) a shot.  I admit
>> that I have tried the devel port in the past and had the same trouble as
>> today, so I come to you (again) asking if there is a work-around for my
>> issue.
>>
>> I hate to do this, but there is no easy way to describe the issue, so
>> here are a couple of pictures:
>>
>> http://michael.gargantuan.com/images/mutt-1.4.2.1-screenshot.png
>>
>> http://michael.gargantuan.com/images/mutt-1.5.6_1-screenshot.png
>>
>> As you can see, the shot from 1.5.6_1 shows the highlighting of the PGP
>> extending to the right edge of the terminal, where the 1.4.2.1 shot is
>> what I am used to seeing.
>>
>> Is there a way, easy or hard, to make 1.5.6* behave in a similar
>> fashion?
>>
>> Thanks much for your input, it is appreciated.

First: I would have replied earlier if it was obvious from the subject that
you are talking about differences of the two FreeBSD ports ;-)

Second: as another person already mentioned: the -devel ports does _NOT_
default to use slang, because slang does not work properly out of the box.
(I know it sounds weired, that the non-devel-port uses a somewhat
uncomfortable setting, but that's for historic reasons. It will change as
soon as 1.6.x appears ...)

Slang and ncurses differ especially in color handling, but a real analysis of
your problems is only possible, if you send me you .muttrc and tell me with
which of the knobs you built the ports. Also an output of the ldd command for
both mutt versions will be helpful.

Best regards

--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
CT IC CERT, Siemens CERT     | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166