Re: colours and quotes

so spake Andre Lerche [2004.05.27 @ 14:07]:
> Hi Nicolas,
>
> On Thu, 27.05.2004 at 08:36 PM, Nicolaus Kedegren wrote:
> > * Andre Lerche <a.lerche@xxxxxxx> [2004-05-27 20:00] wrote:
> >
> >  and then for a bit of colo(u)r:

don't you mean 'colo(u)?r' ? :)

> >   color quoted      cyan   black  # pager body
> >   color quoted1     red    black  # pager body
> >   color quoted2     cyan   black  # pager body
> >   color quoted3     yellow black  # pager body
> >
> > I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps
> > a little bit.
>
> Yes, I was using quoted* the last months, but it's too much coloured
> for me. Thanks anyway.
>
> Andre

i don't think the mutt regular expressions handle lookbehind
so the best thing you can do is something like this:

color body color2 default " >"
color body color1 default "^>"

note, you better do color2 before color1. :)

if we had lookbehind you could explicitly put in something like

color body color3 default "(?<=^> > )>"
color body color2 default "(?<=^> )>"
color body color1 default "^>"

and so on.

this should also be pretty trivial to hack up in the mutt source if
you're that hard up for it.  maybe link to another regex library that
supports it. ;)
--
//  ste\/e || 0x44288D05 //