Re: How can I specify a mailbox in Mutt?

Larry Alkoff wrote:     [Wed May 26 2004, 09:43:41AM EDT]
> When I execute Mutt 1.4.1i in Slackware 9.1
>  I get an error message that states
> "/home/lba/Mail is not a mailbox"
> or
> "/home/lba/Maildir" is not a mailbox
> depending on how I have set the $MAIL.
>
> Both of these subdirectories are set up with permissions as follows:
> drwx------    7 lba      users        4.0K May 23 18:37 Mail/
> drwxr-xr-x    3 lba      users        8.0K May 26 08:27 Maildir/
>
> How do I tell Mutt that one of these is my mailbox?

So you have directories, but neither one contains the requisite
cur/new/tmp directories to make it be a maildir folder.  What is in
those directories?

    ls -la Mail Maildir

> There is a very simple ~/.muttrc which first sources /etc/mutt/Muttrc

I think you don't need to do that.  The system Muttrc should be read
automatically prior to reading your custom .muttrc

Regards,
Aron

--
Aron Griffis