Re: How can I specify a mailbox in Mutt?

* On Wed, May 26, 2004 Larry Alkoff (labradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> When I execute Mutt 1.4.1i in Slackware 9.1
>  I get an error message that states
> "/home/lba/Mail is not a mailbox"
> or
> "/home/lba/Maildir" is not a mailbox
> depending on how I have set the $MAIL.
>
> Both of these subdirectories are set up with permissions as follows:
> drwx------    7 lba      users        4.0K May 23 18:37 Mail/
> drwxr-xr-x    3 lba      users        8.0K May 26 08:27 Maildir/

> How do I tell Mutt that one of these is my mailbox?

Well are these mailboxes or are they simply directories?
I presume the latter and in that case you might what to set
spoolfile or $MAIL to ~/Mail/inbox
and folder=~/Mail

HTH,

Michael
--
"...[Linux's] capacity to talk via any medium except smoke signals."
(By Dr. Greg Wettstein, Roger Maris Cancer Center)

PGP-Key: http://www-stud.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~tatgeml/public.key