Re: how to save a message to a txt file in mutt?

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 01:23:11PM EDT, bing yu wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 11:53:16PM -0400, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> > On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 02:39:51AM EDT, bing yu wrote:

> > > some time i want save message to text file
> >
> > What exactly do you mean?  You can simply copy-message ('C' in default
> > binding) to a new file, and it'll create it as a standard mbox.
> > If you want to save the preprocessed text of a message, you can simply
> > pipe-message (assuming you have pipe-decode set) to "cat > some_file.txt"
> thank you, i will reference some documents on pipe-message.
NP ... if you have any questions, just ask :-)

...but please leave blank lines in strategic locations (definition of
"strategic locations" is personal, but your current definition seems
rather skimpy, IMHO), to make life easier for people reading your message,
if possible ... thanks :-)

> > > --
> > > You enjoy the company of other people.
> >
> > Um, are you trying to sound like a fortune cookie? ;-P
> fortune signature is added by default

It was just a coincidence, then.  I'd like to appologize in advance for
stereotyping, but when I think "Chinese," the first thing that comes to
my mind is "Chinese food."  When a Chinese guy puts a perfect fortune
cookie tagline on the bottom of his message, I can't help laughing my
head off ("so Chinese people REALLY DO talk that way!").  I'm not quite
sure whether I should be happy or sad, but I can't help the fact that
I find it hilarious.  I hope you understand.

> --
> You're definitely on their list.  The question to ask next is what list it is.

This quote is a lot less fortune-cookie-ish ... no fun ;-P

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel