Re: Better piped text support

Jens Paulus wrote:      [Fri May 14 2004, 01:48:50PM EDT]
> > You mean like...
> > mutt -s hello -i file.txt
> >
> > This ask you for the To address and then opens the message containing
> > the file.txt for editing.
>
> yes, I know, but this is not with piped text.

If you're using bash (and I'm sure that zsh has a similar feature):

    mutt -s 'my bashrc' -i <(grep -v ^# .bashrc)

Search for "Process Substitution" in the bash man-page.

Regards,
Aron

P.S. My apologies if this thread was continued on mutt-dev.  I am only
subscribed to mutt-users at the moment, and since I'm writing this
mail while offline, I can't check the archives.

--
Aron Griffis
Gentoo Linux Developer