Re: Leaking bcc headers ???

On Sat, May 22, 2004 at 03:55:27PM -0500, the unit calling itself Michael D
Schleif wrote:

> > > What can be done about this?
> >
> > unset write_bcc
>
> Yes, I finally found this, and several archived posts from this and
> other lists, discussing this matter.  Thank you.
>
> This is not an acceptable solution for me, because it also removes bcc
> headers from that copy filed away in record==sent.  All of the other
> MUA's I've tested strip the bcc header on outgoing messages, but retain
> the original bcc header for the archived sent message -- except mutt.

I use mutt and sendmail on OpenBSD. I became alarmed after reading this
(oh my god! all those people saw my bcc's  :) so I sent a test message
to myself at another address. I'm glad to say that there was nothing in
the headers to indicate there was a Bcc: addressee. In fact, there's a
Bcc: addressee in this message if anyone cares to check this out.

Anyway - the point of this is that it would appear the fault lies with
exim, not mutt.

Jay