Re: from header confusion?

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 03:01:31PM -0400, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 02:50:31PM EDT, matt.price@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > now I just noticed (after 'grep -ir derail /etc/*') that my mailman
> > ocnfiguration has the line
> > DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'www.derailleur.org'
> > in it.
> > Should this affect mutt's from header?

I'm such an idiot -- there's also the line
qualify_domain = derailleur.org
in my exim.conf.  (missed it up at the top of the grep output)

I tried changing it to
qualify_domain = www.derailleur.org

and now that's what my from header says by default.

But why should this be happening?  Shouldn't mutt be able to override
this?!  Can I do some kind of error checking from within mutt to see
what's oging wrong?

thx,

matt