Re: from header confusion?

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 02:50:31PM EDT, matt.price@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> In my .muttrc I have this line:
>
> set from = matt.price@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> But lately the 'from header has been set, by default, to another
> address (which I won't put down here since I'm trying not to broadcast
> it all over the net, but it has the word 'derailleur' in it)).

Um, that's interesting. . .

Are you sure the line's executed?  (Try ":set ?from" in Mutt.)
Do you have any send-hooks that might screw up everything?

> now I just noticed (after 'grep -ir derail /etc/*') that my mailman
> ocnfiguration has the line
> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'www.derailleur.org'
> in it.
> Should this affect mutt's from header?

nope

> If so, anyone know what can be
> done about it?

You can use the standard MailMan utilities to change that, if you don't
want www.derailleur.org in your MailMan config.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel