Re: "G" and fetchmail

greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote in <20040521062104.GB10754@gregkedro>:
> I set up a "G" macro to run my fetchmail. But, I get an error saying
> that I need to "own" my /etc/fetchmailrc. That's root - he owns it.

This has nothing to do with Mutt. The thing is, fetchmail doesn't want
anyone but the user invoking it to be able to tamper with (or I
believe even read) its run control file, since it contains sensitive
information such as mail account passwords in clear text.

Just set more restrictive permissions - 0400 or 0600 - on it and
you'll be fine.

--
/"\ Michael Kjörling - michael@xxxxxxxxxxxx - SM0YBY QTH JO89XI ^..^
 X  World Wide Web: http://michael.kjorling.com/