unignore "From " does not work

I am using mutt-1.4.1i on Fedore Core 1.

My `unignore "From "` in muttrc does not work when I access an
IMAP mailbox.  It works fine when I scp the INBOX from my IMAP
server and access it locally with "mutt -f ./INBOX".

The first line of each message (in mbox format), like
" From sender@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Sat Apr 17 09:15:18 2004", is always
stripped when I access it remotely from the IMAP server.  This is not
the "From: " line that appears with "Date: " and "Subject: ", etc.
This behavior causes problems when I pipe ("|") a message to a
shell script that requires the "From " line.  I can ssh to my IMAP
server and use mutt there.  Over there the "unignore From " works fine.
Interestingly, when I access imap and save "s" the message, the
message is saved with the first "From " line on my local linux box.

It did not help when I tried the following:
1. run "mutt -n" to bypass the system-wide Muttrc file.
2. "unignore *" did not restore From.
3. rename the Muttrc and .mutt/muttrc files.
4. directly run "mutt -n -f imap://imapserver/INBOX"

I have exhausted everything I know about mutt.  The only consistency
seems to be that mutt always strips "From " whenever I remotely
access imap/INBOX from my local linux box.

Thanks in advance,

Yuelin Li