problem with mime-attachment

Hi guys,

we have a problem with a mime attachment and windows.

Background:
We offer a server, which signs files. So the files must not be changed
after signing, otherwise the verification is not successful.

Problem:
We get via telnet emails from a pop3-box, extract the attachment and sign
it.
After that we use mutt to send it to a windows email client (lotus notes).
After extracting the attachment, i try to verify the original and the
signature, but it fails.

reason:
the file we get from pop3, already has typical windows escape-signs for
line-feed (^M). When i send it to my email client and extract it,
there are one more of these excape sign after everyone (that meens: ^M^M).
So the hash-value of this file is not the same like
i have signed. the file on linux has a size of 23940 bytes. After arriving
in my email-client (windows) the size has exeeded to 24232 bytes.

does have mutt a possibility to convert the attachment from dos to unix or
does mutt automatically attach the escape-signs to the attachment?

can you help me to find a solution? any help is welcome...

thank you a lot in advance!!!
Carsten Schwant

BASF IT Services GmbH
Carsten Schwant