Re: send-hook pain ....

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 06:13:55AM EDT, Michael Tatge wrote:
> * On Fri, May 07, 2004 Wilkinson, Alex (alex.wilkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
> muttered:

> > I'm wanting to set up a simple send-hook that has the behaviour of doing
> > various things upon replying ('r') to a messge with a particular 'Subject'
> > string.
>
> there is reply-hook, too.
>
> > send-hook '~s ^Critical\ Backup\ Errors$' 'my_hdr To: user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

That's one thing you're doing wrong.  The other thing you're doing wrong
is that changing the "To:" header won't work from a {send,reply}-hook,
as the documentation indicates.

You have two choices, AFAIK, to do what you're trying to accomplish:

1) Use procmail to insert a "Reply-To:" header with the correct addy.

2) If you only reply from the pager and not from the index, you can make
a message-hook to recognize the email at hand and rebind 'r' to do some
fun stuff :-)

HTHAB,
 - Dave

Please visit this link: