Re: Odd Cc: behaviour

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 08:24:37AM +0200, Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:
> Hello Anthony,
>
> * On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 02:47:39AM +0100 Anthony Edwards wrote:
>

> > folder-hook  .   "my_hdr From: Anthony Edwards <anthony@xxxxxxxx>"
> > folder-hook  .   "my_hdr Cc: Anthony Edwards <anthony@xxxxxxxx>"
>
> I use (almost) the same, except that I usee Bcc: for this purpose, and I
> do not use a folder hook. Have you tried it without the hook, to find
> out if it's related to the hook or the my_hdr command?

That was indeed the first thing I thought of, and I removed
(temporarily) the folder-hooks and replaced them with standard my_hdr
commands.  Again, these worked perfectly when composing a new message,
but my_hdr Cc: appeared to be overridden when replying to a message.

Debian unstable includes the latest, cutting edge patches and updates,
so it is possible that Mutt's authors are experimenting with some as
yet undocumented (in the manual) changes, which have been included
in Debian unstable and are causing the behaviour being experienced.

--
Anthony Edwards
anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx