Re: eol ^M in mutt from certain users

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 09:44:43AM -0400, Jay Daniels wrote:
> ^M at end of line is only seen from users using a program called
> IncrediMail.
>
> Do I have a problem with mutt showing ^M at the end of lines or is it
> this IncrediMail program the user used to post the message?
>
> I know about control/linefeeds and dos2unix but since this ^M problem
> only shows up from users who send me messages using IncrediMail, is it
> a problem on my end using fetchmail, procmail, and mutt or is it a
> problem with IncrediMail?
>
> When user send me a message using any other windows MUA there does not
> seem to be any ^M problems.

Rest assure, it is a problem with IncrediMail. I can't think of enough
bad words to describe this program :(

dump this in your .muttrc to deal with it

message-hook . "unset display_filter"
message-hook "~h \"X-Mailer: IncrediMail" \
  "set display_filter='tr -d \\\\r'"

you could probably do it via procmail as well, since I doubt your
average IncrediMail user will be using (g|p)gp...

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to
strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
                                 2 Chronicles 16:9a