Re: SSH from web

* [2004-04-22 19:04:05 -0600], Brad Davis <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> muttered:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I run sshd on port 443 at home so I can get past most lame firewalls, then
> download putty and I'm set to go.

Without going completely personal on you guys ill elaborate: I need to
send\recive mail while at a govt subsidised employment agency. Which
means the boxes im sitting at to do so are locked down windows machines
(if there is such a thing ;). Everything you can imagine they have
attempted to disable, I cant even press ctrl + n in internet explorer
(although I can just run it twice to get multiple windows). So
downloading putty is 101% definatly out of question. Back when I was in
school running sshd on port 443 was the best idea out cause they forced
port 80 to go through thier proxy but 443 was forwarded blindly :)

everybody wish me luck, cause if java applets dont work on this machine
then im screwed unless somebody knows of a CGI ssh client? :)
--
| Paul Foote <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx> |