SSH from web

I was put in an rough position today, I wont go into tiny details but
basicly I had to use a web browser if I wanted to use my email, and
there was no way I was allowed out of that. As far as I know the machine
I was on wasnt blocking everything bar port 80, just the one track minded
idiots I
was dealing with would only let me do my business in a web browser.
Basicly: what do you guys do in the same situation, what stuff do you
guys have on your boxes that you mutt from to log in via a web browser?

Basicly I want people to reccomend java or activex or whatever ssh
clients so that I can type in a URL in an internet connected machine and
type in my username and password and go bang, theres mutt and everything
else residing in my screen session.

Thanks in advance kids,

Paul Foote
--