Re: Calling firefox with mutt?

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 03:54:35PM -0400, Seth Williamson wrote:
> Has anybody been able to get mutt to call mozilla-firefox as the browser
> in mutt--AND get it to open successive links IN TABS and NOT as
> additional instances of the browser?  Is this even possible?
>
> This would be a line in the mailcap file, is that right?  Have been
> trying to figure out how to do it with no luck so far.

This is what I use for firebird on Debian stable.  Firefox was not
backported to stable (or I couldn't find it if it was) last time
I checked.  Firebird works well enough for now so I'm not changing
right now.  Notice that I installed Firebird in my user account -
the install was from the upstream developer tarball and I wasn't
comfortable installing at the system level.

Contents of ~/.urlview:

REGEXP
(((https?|ftp|gopher)://|(mailto|file|news):)[^'\t<>"]+|(www|web|w3)\.[-a-z0-9.]+)
COMMAND ~/mozilla.sh %s > /dev/null 2>/dev/null &

Contents of ~/mozilla.sh

#!/bin/bash
URL=$@
BROWSER=/home/mike01/fb/MozillaFirebird/MozillaFirebird
$BROWSER -remote "openurl($URL, new-tab)" || $BROWSER $URL

In ~/.muttrc, configuration to use urlview:

macro index \cb |urlview\n
macro pager \cb |urlview\n

I googled the solution from here
http://does-not-exist.org/mail-archives/mutt-users/msg01462.html
and munged it for Firebird.

I works nicely. Some regex wizard must have written it.
--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.