Re: Getting urlview to use firefox?

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 08:50:38AM -0400, orthodox@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox -remote openURL\(%s,new-tab\)
>
> This works OK as long as you ALREADY have an instance of firefox up and
> running.  But it does not seem to start firefox on its own.  The error
> message says something like "no running window found," something like that.
> I can't figure out how to get it to start firefox from the ground up.

I use:

/usr/X11R6/bin/firefox -remote "openurl($1,new-tab)" || /usr/X11R6/bin/firefox
"$1"

  You'll need to modify that a bit for your situation.

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple@xxxxxxxxx | jabber:lewiz@xxxxxxxxxx | url:www.lewiz.org |-