Re: Evolution honcho uses mutt for personal mail

If memory serves me right, orthodox@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am in the process of moving from Evolution to mutt.  I find it interesting
> that the guy who is pushing this big and fancy and pretty GUI-centric
> program finds it necessary to use mutt to get a basic job accomplished.

Not to sound flip, but so what?

Programs are *tools*.  You use the right tool for the job, and
sometimes you need multiple tools.

I used to be one of the exmh developers (now inactive, but I did a bunch
of work on the PGP integration).  I use both exmh and mutt on a daily
basis.  Sometimes I want a point and drool interface with pretty colors,
sometimes I want something fast, with good threading.  Use the right
tool for the job.

(As an aside, I'm trying out Evolution just for kicks.  I think it's a
bit too heavyweight for me...all of the calendering, contacts, etc.
stuff kind of gets in my way.  I'll give it some more time though.)

Peace,

Bruce.