Re: send-hook vs. message-hook

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 03:25:33PM EST, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> I'm having some trouble creating roles using hooks. What I'm trying to
> do is create a default configuration for initiating/replying to mail as
> "tjacobs," and custom roles for nospam and contracts.
>
> What's *supposed* to happen is that hitting F11/F12 will toggle between
> the roles, and send mail as the specified user. That part seems to work.
> But *replying* to mail doesn't seem to work as expected (e.g.
> automagically using the specified role based on who the email was sent
> to). What am I doing wrong?

I think it's probably a wise idea to brush up on the manual.  I saw a
bunch of rather interesting constructs that a muttlint would probably
give you hell about.  (Try switching around profiles and check out your
sig, for instance.)

After you've fixed all the other "interesting" stuff, we can look in
detail at your profile config.  At this point, though, I don't think
there's a reasonable substitute for plain old fashioned manual browsing.

 - Dave

BTW - Consider using separate RC files for each profile.  You'll spare
yourself lots of headaches (especially when you start changing settings
in the profiles) later if you do.

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel