mutt and PHP's exec command

mutt newbie here, and first time poster to this list...

I've been trying to get the same command to function from within a PHP
webpage that works successfully from the command line.

On a Linux RH9.0 box, I can successfully run from the command line #> mutt
-s 'testing the mutt UA'  user@xxxxxxxxxxxx  -a  testPDF.pdf  <
includeMe.txt

but the same command inside the PHP exec() function , i.e., exec("mutt -s
'testing the mutt UA'  user@xxxxxxxxxxxx  -a  testPDF.pdf  <
includeMe.txt") doesn't work. I'm temporarily running the apache httpd as
the same user that ran the mutt command successfully from the command
line. And I've checked the apache error and access logs and nothing
appears out of place in either one. Also, the "mail" command works from
both the command line and from with the exec() function.

Don't really have any more ideas to explore re: troubleshooting.

humbly,

dave