Re: Mailqueue mailfolder

Hi Dave,

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 17:08:20 -0500, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> You can run your own sendmail (or qmail, or whatever) installation,
> owned by you, with a spool tree under your own $HOME, if you want.

alright.

> With an MTA like sendmail, that's easy to setup without a single
> keystroke.  You can have sendmail automatically do a queue run every
> time it notices you've connected to the Internet.  Alternatively, if
> you're rarely offline for more than a few hours at a time, the default
> sendmail config will try to send your mail every 15 minutes for a few
> hours before starting to give up hope.

Yes, that is right. The default configuration tries sending regularly.

> However, if you must do this from within Mutt, it's fairly trivial to
> write a $sendmail script that'll simply append messages to =outbox or
> whatever, and then write a little macro to pipe each message in =outbox
> to the real sendmail, at which point it'd go under the control of the
> MTA anyway, so I fail to see what you'd gain.

Alright.

> Ewww ... please don't try to overload the postponed folder. . .

I did not know that it causes problems to make much use of this folder.
Normally I assume that a folder is theoretically no limited on the size.
Also, I suppose that there is theoretically also no limit on the number
of aliases in the aliases file, correct me if I am wrong. I mean,
practically there are of course limits by the memory and disc space.

Best regards

Jens