Re: Mailqueue mailfolder

Hi Charles,

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 15:24:51 -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> > for people who are not always connected to an ISP it would be practical
> > to have a special mailfolder for queued outgoing mail like many GUI mail
> > programs have it.
>
> The outgoing queue is managed by your MTA.  There's no need for an MUA to have
> one.  GUI MUAs tend to inherit this idea from poorer OSes which don't tend to
> even /have/ an MTA on the system, so they have to each implement a half-assed
> version -- mutt definitely has no need to imitate this design error.

that the outgoing queue is managed by my MTA is not new to me and I know
this and have described this in text. So your reply is no help on this
topic. Nevertheless I think it would be practical if postponed messages
could be send without reediting it before. This would have the same
effect than having a mailqueue mailfolder and would be an easy solution.

Best regards

Jens