Re: Mutt and SMTP Outbound

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 10:00:28AM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Anthony Williams <alby.williams@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to configure Mutt to [speak SMTP]?
>
> No.
>
> > The problem I have is that local sendmail is going to be axed and I need to
> > send all mail processed through mutt to a remote mailer to be processed.
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Sure:  install mini-qmail, or nullmailer, or ssmtp, or any other relay-only
> MTA.  Takes five minutes, solves the problem for all programs on your system
> (think cron, etc), not just mutt.

It's simple on a Linux box, it's not so simple on some other operating
systems, I had no end of trouble getting a null mailer to build and
install on my Solaris box.

In the end I found a simpler solution (for me) was to run mutt through
an ssh tunnel to a system with a sendmail on it.

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)