Re: muttrc and functions

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:08:56PM -0800, David Ellement wrote:
>   [17 lines, 70 words, 477 characters]  Top characters: noeit\ndc
>
> On 2004-03-03, Jeff Abrahamson wrote
> > Now, being a programmer, I'd like to be able to define a function and
> > then just have one line for each:
> >
> >     condition1 do-function
> >     condition2 do-function
> >     condition3 do-function
> >
> > Is anything of the sort possible in mutt config?
>
> Michael Elkins submitted a patch to mutt-dev last June which introduced
> user defined macro-functions.

I've noticed this list often mention patches to solve such problems.

Does this mean that the patch is included in CVS and we can expect to
see it in a future version, I just can get the improvement sooner by
applying the patch to my copy of mutt.

Or does it mean that it is not in CVS, and so if I apply this patch I
will have to maintain a separate, private branch by continuing to
apply the patch?  Sort of like the compressed mbox patch I've so often
read about that I gather is not a part of mutt and isn't going to be.

--
 Jeff