Re: Calendar

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 08:59:40PM +1000, Paul Foote wrote:
> * [2004-03-04 11:27:06 +0100], Stein Boerge Sylvarnes
> <Stein.Sylvarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> muttered:
>
> > Sorry if you get this twice Paul.
>
> Its all good :)
>

> > Check out remind.
> >

> > http://www.roaringpenguin.com/products/remind/
> >

> > http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=3529
> >

> I gave it a quick look, it looks like a fairly good idea but at the end
> of the day its a replacement for the standard unix "calendar" program.
> What I want is actually what Sked promised, only working :)

I haven't looked at sked, but... You can run remind in "daemon" mode, and it
will print a message to the terminal, or pop up a message in X if you want
that. If you for instance put the following line in you "calendar" file:
REM Tue AT 12:00 +15 *5 MSG Don't forget the tuesday meeting
And run remind with "-z -f" it will print out the message every five minutes
between 11:45 and 12:00 on tuesdays (or skip the "+15 *5" part and print the
message once at 12:00).  I belive this is what you wanted?

[snip]
>  but I _know_ its possible to have a curses based calendar application, and I
>  know its possible to make it really really good like vim like mutt like
>  slrn, and sorda interconnect them all.

It's not curses-based.  It does integrate with vim, though.

--
regards/mvh
Stein B. Sylvarnes